Tuesday 21 August 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Letters, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1945 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Gérard Manset: French singer-songwriter, painter, photographer, and writer.
- Celia Brayfield: English journalist and author.
- Jerry DaVanon: American baseball player.
- Patty McCormack: American actress and singer.
- Basil Poledouris: American composer and conductor (d. 2006).
- Willie Lanier: American pro athlete, a football player inducted into the sport's Hall of Fame in 1986. With the Kansas City Chiefs from 1967 to 1977, he was elected to two American Football League All-Star Games and made it to six pro-bowl games. In 1971 he as named Most Valuable Player on defense.
- Nicole Massari: American TV executive who, as the former producer and hostess of the "LA Saturday Show" conducted interviews and scheduled on-the-spot coverage of local events. In 1977-1978, she formed her own production company and began producing pilot films as well.
- Patty McCormack in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Mama, Peck's Bad Girl, The Ropers).
- President Truman ends Lend-Lease program
- US President Harry Truman ends Lend-Lease program.
- Physicist Harry K. Daghlian, Jr. is fatally irradiated in a criticality incident during an experiment with the Demon core at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 August 1945 and get them!