Saturday 21 August 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Egyptian, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1954 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Bruce Berenyi: American pro athlete, a pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds Baseball franchise and later with the New York Mets.
- Humbert Balsan: French film producer and chairman of the European Film Academy.
- Chip Coffey: American psychic who appears as a medium on various paranormal television programs, primarily "Paranormal State" and "Psychic Kids.
- Archie Griffin: American football player, the first two-time winner of the prestigious Heisman Trophy and three-time All-American between 1973 and 1975.
- Didier Six: French international football/soccer player, who played as a winger and earned 52 caps and scored 13 goals for the France national football team.
- Bodil Niska: Norwegian saxophonist and composer
- Steve Smith: American drummer (Journey Montrose Steps Ahead The RD Crusaders and Vital Information)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?