Sunday 21 August 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Christine Dorner .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
G.I. Blues, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1960 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Marie-Christine Dorner: French interior architect, designer, and scenographer, living and working in London.
- David Barnard Steinman: American civil engineer and bridge designer (Born 1886).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Fats Domino - Walking To New Orleans
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?