Friday 21 August 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1964 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:21 August
- Palmiro Togliatti: Italian politician, the head of the Communist Party in Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?