Sunday 21 August 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Wetteland .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ulrich und Ulrike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1966 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- John Wetteland: American baseball player, a pitcher for the Texas Rangers.
- Seven men are sentenced to death in Egypt, for anti-Nasser agitation.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) established.
- The United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers of America (UFW), is formed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Petula Clark - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?