Monday 21 August 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Trip, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1967 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Michael Bendetti: Actor (Officer Tony McCann-21 Jump Street).
- Tuineau Alipate: NLF / WLAF linebacker (Frankfurt Galaxy, Minn Vikings).
- Charb : French caricaturist and journalist, director of Charlie Hebdo.
- Serj Tankian: Armenian-born singer (System of a Down).
- Darren Bewick: Australian footballer.
- China reports downing of 2 US bombers
- Liquid gas tanker explodes in Martelange Belgium, 22 killed
- Mikis Theodorakis arrested in Greece
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?