Saturday 21 August 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1971 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Mamadou Diallo: Senegalese Soccer player.
- Robert Harvey: Australian Rules Footballer (St Kilda Football Club).
- Liam Howlett: English keyboard player DJ and producer (The Prodigy).
- Shayne Edge: NFL / WLAF punter (Steelers, Barcelona Dragons).
- George Jackson: American Black Panther Party figure (Born 1941).
- A bomb exploded in the Liberal Party campaign rally in Plaza Miranda, Manila, Philippines with several anti-Marcos political candidates injured.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Chicago - Beginnings
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Three Dog Night - Liar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?