Tuesday 21 August 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Bang the Drum Slowly, directed by John Hancock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1973 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Sergey Brin: Co-founder of Google.
- Steve McKenna: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Nikolai Valuev: Russian boxer and actor.
- Ben Mann: Australian baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics).
- Ismael Valdes: Ciudad Victoria, Mexico -- Pitcher (LA Dodgers).
- Nikolay Valuev: Russian World Boxing Association Heavyweight Champion as of December 17, 2005. He held the title in three subsequent fights, losing it on April 14, 2007. He regained the title on August 3, 2008.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?