Wednesday 21 August 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1974!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1974 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Pietra Gay: WNBA guard / forward (Houston Comets).
- Amy Fisher: American teenager seen in the news for adolescent prostitution and the attempted murder of her lover's wife.
- Martin Andanar: Filipino journalist and radio host.
- Paul Mellor: Australian rugby player and referee.
- Johnny Reid: Scottish-Canadian singer.
- Buford Pusser: American law enforcement official (Born 1937).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Wet Willie - Keep On Smilin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?