Thursday 21 August 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alicia Witt and Simon Katich.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fallin' In Love by Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds.
In UK I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Looking For Mr. Goodbar by Judith Rossner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Didn't Know You Cared.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anti-Aircraft or Doctor Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1975!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1975 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Alicia Witt: American actress who first hit the big time on prime time TV with her role of Zoey on the series, "Cybill.
- Simon Katich: Australian cricketer and manager.
- 3 truck pile up kills 10, injures 26 on French highway
- US lightens trade embargo against Cuba
- Rick and Paul Reuschel become first brothers to pitch a combined shut out.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- Olivia Newton-John - Please Mr. Please
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?