Friday 21 August 1987
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sana Khan and Kerser .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Who's That Girl by Madonna.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Hamburger Hill, directed by John Irvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Karyssia: Queen of Diamonds or Global Commander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1987 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Sana Khan: Movie Actress.
- Kerser : Rapper.
- Kim Kibum: a member of Korean boy band Super junior.
- Cody Kasch: American actor.
- Karl Bruck: Entertainer.
- Clayton Lonetree, first US Marine court-martialed for spying, convicted.
- At the Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California, the 14th Annual Monterey Historic Automobile Races are held, over three days. About 50,000 people attend. Chevrolet holds its official 75th birthday party. Many historic Corvettes are on display and 34 participate in races, including the 1957 Corvette SS, 1960 Le Mans Corvette, CERV I, CERV II, 1959 Stingray, 1970 Manta Ray, 1977 Aerovette, two 1956 Corvette SR-2s, 1969 Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corvette, 1971 ZR-2 Corvette, 1963 Z06 Corvette,
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?