Thursday 21 December 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Redeeming Love, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 21 December 1916 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 21 December 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
See other famous people born on 21 December
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
In Florida Among the Palms - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1916?
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1146
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1145
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1144
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Alongside William Faulkner and John Updike, Booth Tarkington is one of just three authors to win the Pulitzer Prize more than once. Tarkington accomplished the feat with Alice Adams and The Magnificent Ambersons, dramas that explored the lives of fictional ...
This story, as I have put it down here, begins at Prescott, Arizona, in one of those far-western years that saw the passing of the Indian and the coming of the automobile.
This collection chronicles the fiction and non fiction classics by the greatest writers the world has ever known. The inclusion of both popular as well as overlooked pieces is pivotal to providing a broad and representative collection of classic works.
It was the sixth day of Mr. Direck's first visit to England, and he was at his acutest perception of differences. He found England in every way gratifying and satisfactory, and more of a contrast with things American than he ...
Tell the world why 21 December 1916 is such a special date for you!