Friday 21 December 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Diana Athill: English author.
- Sophie Masloff: American politician.
- Alicia Alonso: Havana, Cuba -- Ballerina (American Ballet Theatre).
- Andre Eglevsky: choreographer (Limelight).
- Heinrich Böll: German author of novels, short stories and essays awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1972.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?