Saturday 21 December 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Regan and Kurt Waldheim.
The Heart of Humanity, directed by Allen Holubar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Donald Regan: American stockbroker, the President of Merrill Lynch in 1968, worth over $10 million by 1979.
- Kurt Waldheim: Austrian President 1986-1992, lawyer and diplomat, who served as the fourth Secretary General of the United Nations 1972-1981.
- Red Sox trade Dutch Leonard, Ernie Shore and Duffy Lewis to Yankees for Ray Caldwell and Slim Love, Frank Gilhooey, Al Walters and $15,000
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 December 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra - Waltz of the Flowers
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?