Sunday 21 December 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Greatest Question, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- David McFall: Scottish artist, sculptor.
- Gert Fredriksson: Sweden -- 1K kayak (1948, 52, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- J Edgar Hoover deports anarchists / feminist Emma Goldman to Russia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - Sam Ash
- Roses of Picardy - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 December 1919 and get them!