Tuesday 21 December 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1926 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Arnošt Lustig: Czech author and playwright (d. 2011).
- Arnost Lustig: Czech author.
- John Herbert McDowell: Composer.
- Pedro Gonzales-Gonzalez in Aguilares: Texas, USA; actor (Rio Bravo).
- Joe Paterno: American football coach.
- James Adams: American attorney, Texas legislator, and senior government official who served as acting director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 15 to 23 February 1978. Adams was then appointed to the number two position in the FBI, Associate Director, on 6 April 1978, retiring from the FBI on 11 May 1979.
- Soccer team DOS Struggle forms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Baby Face - Whispering Jack Smith
- Why Do Ya Roll Those Eyes? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?