Tuesday 21 December 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, directed by William Cottrell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1937 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Donald Munson: American soldier and politician.
- Claire Motte: French dancer who joined Paris Opera in 1952 but often appeared abroad.
- Donald F Munson: American politician.
- Jane Fonda in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Barbarella, Klute, fitness videos).
- Graham Smith: British artist and writer, currently living in London.
- Jane Fonda: American actress who at times has been a sexpot, a feminist, a political activist, a maker of exercise videos, businesswoman, philanthropist and wife to famous men. As she reinvents herself in a series of different incarnations, all in this lifetime, she has been the object of admiration and outrage. An extremist who has frequently demonstrated poor judgment, Fonda is also known for her courage and mettle, standing up for that which she believes to be right. She stands among the world's most adm
- Harald: Crown Prince, Son of King Olav V, heir apparent of Norway
- Frank Kellog: US foreign minister (Nobel Prize 1929), dies at age 80.
- 1st feature-length color and sound cartoon premieres (Snow White)
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's first full-length animated feature film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, at the Carthay Circle Theatre in Hollywood. It is the industry's first full-length animated movie. The US$1.5 million needed to complete the film nearly bankrupted the company. Two million drawings make up the 83 minute film.
- Walt Disney's ''Snow White'' premieres in selected theaters.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 December 1937 and get them!