Tuesday 21 December 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willem AFG Vermeend and Samuel L Jackson.
Force of Evil, directed by Abraham Polonsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Perry Como's Kraft Music Hall.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1948 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Willem AFG Vermeend: Dutch economist / Undersecretary of Finance.
- Samuel L Jackson: American actor.
- Dave Kingman baseball player (New York Mets: New York Yankees, New York Giants).
- Carol Potter in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Beverly Hills 90210, Maggie Clinton - Today's FBI).
- Barry Gordon in Brookline: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Gary - Archie Bunker's Place).
- Thierry Mugler: French fashion designer, he also created several perfumes. He founded a cabaret: "Mugler Follies".
- Samuel Jackson: Movie Actor
- Dave Kingman: American baseball player
- Willi Resetarits: Austrian singer-songwriter actor and activist
- Seishiro Itagaki: Japanese General / Minister of War, hanged.
- State of Eire (formerly Irish Free State) declares its independence.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?