Wednesday 21 December 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1955 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Jane Kaczmarek in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; actress (Lois - Malcolm in the Middle, Mary - Hometown).
- Kazuyuki Sekiguchi: Japanese singer-songwriter and bass player (Southern All Stars).
- Jane Kaczmarek: TV Actress.
- Dorothy Bernard: Actress (Margaret-Life With Father), dies at 65.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?