Friday 21 December 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Burnham in Hollis and Lee Roy Parnell in Abilene.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boyd Q.C..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Kevin Burnham in Hollis: New York, USA; 470 yachter (Olympics-8th-1992, 1996).
- Lee Roy Parnell in Abilene: Texas, USA; country singer ("Oughta be a Law").
- Lee Parnell: American country rock singer, songwriter, and guitarist.
- Dave Laut: American shot putter (d. 2009).
- Lewis M Terman: psychologist (Genetic studies of genius), dies at age 79.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?