Monday 21 December 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
In UK I Feel Fine by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Sex and the Single Girl, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1964 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Keith Taylor: NFL safety (Washington Redskins).
- Joey Kocur in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; NHL right wing (Vancouver Canucks).
- Ed Jongsma: Dutch pop bassist (Sleeze Beez-Look Like Hell).
- Rob Kelly: English footballer and manager.
- Joe Kocur: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Kunihiko Ikuhara: Japanese director and illustrator
- Daniel Suarez: American author
- Fabiana Udenio: Argentinian-Italian actress
- Jack Noseworthy: American actor, whose most visible movie roles were in Event Horizon, U-571, Barb Wire and Killing Kennedy.
- Jussi Hakulinen: Finnish rock musician, a guitarist and singer, a former member of the band Yö-yhtyeen.
- The Terminator: Wrestler
- Carl Van Vechten: American writer and photographer (Born 1880).
- The James Bond film ''Goldfinger'' begins its run in U.S. theaters. It becomes one of the most successful and popular Bond films ever made.
- Comedian Lenny Bruce is sentenced to 4 months in prison, concluding a 6-month obscenity trial.
- A cyclone in the Palk Strait destroys the Indian town of Dhanushkodi, killing 1800 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Larks - The Jerk
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Beatles - She's A Woman
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- The Beach Boys - Dance, Dance, Dance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 December 1964 and get them!