Saturday 21 December 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Lynn and Khrystyne Haje in Santa Clara.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Love Bug, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Happening for Lulu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1968 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Anthony Lynn: NFL running back (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Khrystyne Haje in Santa Clara: California, USA; actress (Simone - Head of the Class).
- Apollo 8 (Frank Borman, Jim Lovell, and Bill Anders) is launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, the first manned Moon voyage.
- David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash premiere together in California.
- Joseph W. Barr begins term as US Treasury Secretary (lasts one month).
- Apollo program: Apollo 8, the first manned mission to the moon, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The crew performs the first ever manned Trans Lunar Injection and become the first humans to leave Earth's gravity.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?