Sunday 21 December 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mihails Zemlinskis and Leon Searcy NFL offensive tackle (Pittsburgh Steelers.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Leaving on A Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
The Punch Bowl, directed by Helmut Weiss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Luftsprünge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1969 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Mihails Zemlinskis: Latvian footballer.
- Leon Searcy NFL offensive tackle (Pittsburgh Steelers: Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Chuck Smith: NFL defensive end (Atlanta Falcons).
- Julie Delpy: French actress, known internationally; played in "The Voyager" with Sam Shepard in 1992 and in "Younger and Younger," directed by Percy Adlon, 1993.
- Jack Noseworthy: American actor.
- Mihails Zemļinskis: Latvian footballer coach and manager
- Diana Ross final TV appearance as a Supreme (Ed Sullivan Show)
- Vince Lombardi (Washington Redskins) coaches his last football game, losing.
- The Gay Activists Alliance is formed in New York City.
- The United Nations adopts the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?