Thursday 21 December 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dustin Hermanson and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1972 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Dustin Hermanson: American baseball player.
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy: Indian politician.
- Gloria De Piero: English journalist and politician Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities.
- Claudia Poll: Nicaraguan-Costa Rican swimmer and sportscaster.
- Y Reddy: Indian journalist and politician.
- Erwin Schrott: Uruguayan actor and singer
- Horace Mann Bond: president of Lincoln University (Pennsylvania), dies at age 70.
- Soviet Union signs a separate peace with East Germany.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 December 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?