Saturday 21 December 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Cat's In The Cradle by Harry Chapin.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1974 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Raymond Austin: cornerback/safety (New York Jets).
- Karrie Webb Ayr in Queensland: Australia; LPGA golfer (1994 Australian Strokeplay).
- Karrie Webb: Australian golfer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?