Sunday 21 December 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Maniac, directed by William Lustig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1980 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
Famous Birthdays:21 December
- Marc Connelly: Playwright (One Minute Please), dies at 90.
- Harold Carmichael ends NFL streak of 127 consecutive game receptions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?