Thursday 21 December 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Combs Twins .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Deity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing or Brothers in Arms: D-Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 21 December 2006 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Combs Twins: American identical twins and noted family members, daughters of rapster P. Diddy (Sean Combs) and his girlfriend Kim Porter.
- Scobie Breasley: Australian jockey (Born 1914).
- Muslim cleric Abu Bakar Bashir is cleared of any involvement in the 2002 Bali bombings by the Supreme Court of Indonesia. (News Limited)
- Ipswich murder case: Suffolk police announce that Steven Wright has been charged with all five murders. (Suffolk Constabulary statement)
- U.S. military prosecutors charge three Marines with murder in connection with the Haditha killings. (CBC)
- New Jersey Governor Jon S. Corzine signs a bill granting civil unions to same-sex couples, with all the rights and privileges of marriage. New Jersey becomes the third U.S. state to offer civil unions, and the fifth to offer some version of marriage to gay couples. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- War in Somalia:
- Fresh heavy fighting is reported near the weak Somali government's Baidoa base, amid fears conflict could plunge the entire Horn of Africa into crisis. (BBC)
- Somalia's Council of Islamic Courts says it is at war with Ethiopian troops. (Aljazeera)
- Opponents of the President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad win a number of victories in local elections and elections to the Assembly of Experts as dissatisfaction grows with his Presidency. (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Shane Warne, the leading test cricket wicket taker of all time, announces that he will retire from international cricket at the end of the 2006-07 Ashes series. (AP via CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?