Wednesday 21 February 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Girl's Folly, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1917 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Lucille Bremer: dancer/actress (Ziegfeld Follies), dies at age 73.
- Robert Joanblanc: France sport Champion.
- Victor G: M Marijnen Dutch premier (1963-65).
- Tadd Dameron: American jazz musician, composer, arranger and pianist, he worked with the likes of Billy Eckstine, Dizzy Gillespie, and Count Basie.
- Train near Chirurcha Romania catches fire and explodes; 100s die.
- British Mendi sinks off Isle of Wight, 627 die.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Ada Jones
- Poor Butterfly - Victor Military Band
- Mammy's Little Coal Black Rose - Orpheus Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?