Tuesday 21 February 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1939 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Richard Beymer: Avoca, Iowa -- Actor (West Side Story, Diary of Anne Frank).
- Ron Nagle: Rock producer (Riding with the King).
- Donald Fullmer: American boxer, brother of Gene Fullmer.
- Belgian government of Pierlot forms.
- The Golden Gate International Exposition opens in San Francisco, California.
- The United Kingdom and France recognize Franco's government.
- Borley Rectory in England is destroyed by fire.
- Sit-down strikes are outlawed by the Supreme Court of the United States.
- March ndash The 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine ends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?