Thursday 21 February 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1946 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Vito Rizzuto: Italian-Canadian mob boss (d. 2013).
- Bob Ryan: American journalist and author.
- Tricia Cox: American noted family, the daughter of President Richard Nixon and his wife, Patricia.
- Tyne Daly in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; actress (Cagney and Lacey, Angel Unchained).
- Alan Rickman: Actor (Robin Hood Prince of Thieves).
- Anthony Daniels: British actor
- Tyne Daly: American actress who drifted into her field with stage work, low-budget films and TV guest shots as a natural outcome of having acting parents. From age four she had concluded that she would also be an actress. Her career began with traditional roles, type-casting her in "modern woman" shows with a message, often feminine or other vital issues. In the early '70s she began to guest in a wider range and became a superstar with the popular TV series "Cagney and Lacey"; playing Cagney, one of two fe
- Jose Streel: Belgian World War II collaborator (Born 1911).
- Anti-British demonstrations in Egypt.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?