Tuesday 21 February 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Tarnas .
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Show of Shows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1950 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Richard Tarnas: American psychologist, intellectual historian, and astrologer.
- WOI TV channel 5 in Ames-Des Moines, IA (ABC / PBS) begins broadcasting
- Cunard liner RMS Aquitania arrives at the scrapyard in Faslane at the end of a 36 year career, the longest of any in the 20th Century.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Anton Karas - The Third Man Theme
- My Foolish Heart - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?