Saturday 21 February 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1953 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Christine Ebersole in Park Forest: Illinois, USA; actress (Saturday Night Live, Barbara - Valerie, My Favorite Martian, Tootsie).
- William L Petersen: Actor (Return to Lonesome Dove).
- Henri Jacomet: French homicide suspect, in prison for seven years for a triple murder until the verdict was overturned and he was released on 6/15/1995.
- Christine Ebersole: American actress and singer.
- William Petersen: American actor and producer.
- Jean-Jacques Peroni: French humorist, comedian, and writer, son of Corsican sports journalist Victor Peroni (his mother is a Breton). He wrote for the satirical periodical "Hara-Kiri" and was an author for Laurent Gerra and worked with 2 comic duos: Font & Val, and Chevalier & Laspalès. Widely known for participating in the TV-radio program "Les Grosses Têtes" presented by Laurent Ruquier (formerly Philippe Bouvard).
- Maggie closes at National Theater NYC after 5 performances
- F Crick and J Watson discover structure of DNA-molecule
- Longest collegiate basketball game (six overtimes); Niagara beats Siena 88-81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Your Cheatin' Heart - Joni James
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?