Sunday 21 February 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1954 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Victor Martinez: Mexican-American author and poet (d. 2011).
- Mike Pickering: English DJ and saxophonist (Quando Quango and M People).
- Ivo van Damme: Belgium -- 800 / 1500m dash (1976 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Ivo Van Damme: Belgian athlete, he began to play football and then switched to athletics.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 February 1954 and get them!