Sunday 21 February 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1960 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Issac Julien: British installation artist and filmmaker.
- Plamen Oresharski: Bulgarian economist and politician 52nd Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
- Laurent Petitguillaume: French radio and television host.
- Steve Wynn: American singer-songwriter (The Dream Syndicate and The Baseball Project).
- Jacques Becker: French film director and screenwriter (Born 1906).
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Lake Worth Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?