Thursday 21 February 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gostigian in Newtown Square and Greg Turner in Dunedin.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Paula by Paul and Paula.
In UK Diamonds by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching Schwäbische Geschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1963!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1963 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Michael Gostigian in Newtown Square: Pennsylvania, USA; pentathlete (Olympics-16th-1988, 1992, 1996).
- Greg Turner in Dunedin: New Zealand; Australasia golfer.
- Alain Berliner: Belgian film director best known for the 1997 film "Ma vie en rose," which won the Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 55th Golden Globe Awards in 1998.
- William Baldwin: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- An earthquake destroys the village of Barce, Libya, killing 900.
- Juan Bosch takes office as the 41st president of the Dominican Republic.
- Female suffrage is enacted in Iran.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Ned Miller - From A Jack To A King
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- The Miracles - You've Really Got A Hold On Me
- The Rebels - Wild Weekend
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?