Wednesday 21 February 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1968 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Pellom McDaniels: NFL defensive end (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Terry Allen NFL running back (Minnesota Vikings: Washington Redskins).
- Terry Allen: American football player, a running back for the Washington Redskins until resigned by the team on 2/26/1997.
- Howard Walter Florey: Australian-born pharmacologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1898).
- Baseball announces a minimum annual salary of $10,000
- 150,000 demonstrate against leftist students in West Berlin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 February 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?