Friday 21 February 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Noel and Petra Kronberger.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
Play Dirty, directed by Andre De Toth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nero Wolfe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1969 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Dean Noel: CFL full back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Petra Kronberger: Austrian alpine skiier (1992 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- James Bradfield: Welsh singer-songwriter and guitarist (Manic Street Preachers).
- Aunjanue Ellis: American actress and producer.
- Corey Harris: American singer and guitarist.
- Tony Meola: American soccer player
- Cathy Richardson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Jefferson Starship and Big Brother and the Holding Company)
- Jose de Capriles: Mexican-born US Olympic fencer.
- 1st launching of heavy N-1 rocket at Baikonur Kazachstan (explodes)
- Ted Williams signs five-year contract to manage Washington Senators.
- JosT de Capriles, Mexican-born US Olympics fencer, dies.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 February 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Livin' In Shame
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?