Thursday 21 February 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1974 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Alexei Lojkin: NHL forward (Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Ivan Campo: Spanish footballer.
- Rohsaan Griffin in Texas City: Texas, USA; 200 metre runner.
- Jonathan Cheban: Entrepreneur.
- Iván Campo: Spanish footballer.
- Roberto Heras: Spanish cyclist
- Tim Horton: Canadian hockey player (Born 1930).
- Israeli forces leave western Suez.
- Yugoslavia adopts constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- David Essex - Rock On
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?