Monday 21 February 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to New Kid In Town by Eagles.
In UK When I Need You by Leo Sayer was in the top 5 hits.
Slap Shot, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1977!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1977 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Chad Hutchinson: baseball and football player.
- Jonathan Foer: American author and academic.
- Steve Francis: American basketball player.
- Owen King: American writer and journalist.
- Kevin Rose: American businessman and television host founded Digg.
- Nolan Strong: a Detroit doo-wop singer with The Diablos (Born 1934).
- 74 Unification Church couples wed in New York City, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Kenny Nolan - I Like Dreamin'
- Jacksons - Enjoy Yourself
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Barry Manilow - Weekend In New England
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?