Sunday 21 February 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Falcone and Melissa Carcache.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Seasons Change by Expose.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emlyn Hughes International Soccer or Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1988 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Mario Falcone: Reality Star.
- Melissa Carcache: TV Actress.
- Salems Lady: YouTube Star.
- Matthias de Zordo: German javelin thrower.
- Televangelist Jimmy Swaggert confesses his sins to his congregation
- Gustafson skates world record 10 km (13:48.20).
- Actor Dudley Moore marries actress Brogan Lane.
- During a live TV broadcast, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart confesses to an unspecified sin, then announces he would be leaving his ministry for an unspecified length of time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 February 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?