Tuesday 21 February 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corbin Bleu and Scout Taylor-Compton.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
The 'Burbs, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Midnight by Dean R. Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Day of the Viper or DJ Boy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1989 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Corbin Bleu: American actor and singer.
- Scout Taylor-Compton: American actress.
- Kristin Herrera: Soap Opera Actress.
- Jem Karacan: English-Turkish footballer.
- Josh Walker: English footballer.
- Alex Thepot: French footballer (Born 1906).
- US capture record 820 lbs of heroin ($1 B street value)[dup]
- Pete Rose meets with Commissioner Ueberroth to discuss his gambling.
- US bust Chinese heroin ring, capture record 820 pounds heroin ($1 billion street value).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 February 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Information Society - Walking Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?