Wednesday 21 February 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Say It Right by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Leaves Out of the Book of Satan, directed by Carl Th. Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 February 2007 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 February
- Police in Zimbabwe ban rallies in parts of Harare that are seen as strongholds of the opposition party Movement for Democratic Change. (Washington Post)
- Romano Prodi tenders his resignation as Prime Minister of Italy, after a defeat by two votes in the Senate. (BBC)
- Premier of Quebec, Canada, Jean Charest, calls a general election for March 26. (Canadian Press via Canoe)
- Iran ignores a United Nations Security Council deadline for it to suspend its nuclear program. (ABC Australia)
- Iraq War:
- British Prime Minister Tony Blair announces that 1,500 British troops will leave Iraq within weeks with another 1,500 by the end of the year. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Denmark will withdraw its 460 troops from Iraq by August. (BBC)
- A suicide car bomb strikes a police checkpoint near a market in Najaf. (AP via Columbian)
- At least five people die as an apartment building collapses in Istanbul, Turkey. (AP via CNN)
- Juniata College defeats Susquehanna University in men's basketball to win first playoff game in the history of the program which is over 100 years old
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Akon - I Wanna Love You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?