Thursday 21 February 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Al Ijtiyah.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories or Buzz!: The Pop Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 February 2008 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 February
- Monaco Rare Coins of California sells a 1861 Coronet Paquet Reverse double eagle for US$2.5 million.
- A Santa Barbara Airlines Flight 518 is reported missing in Venezuela with 46 people on board. (AFP via Google News)
- The European Broadcasting Union considers relocating the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest, scheduled to be held in Belgrade, due to security concerns. In the meantime, the Serbian National Final for the Eurovision Song Contest is postponed. (Expressen)
- 2008 protests in Serbia:
- At least 500,000 Serbs rally in Belgrade to protest against Kosovo's declaration of independence over the weekend. (BBC News)
- A group of protesters breaks into the United States embassy in Belgrade and sets fire to part of the consular office. (Reuters)
- A charred body of a protester is found in the United States embassy. (''The Age'')
- The United States Navy shoots down USA 193, a spy satellite in a decaying orbit, over the Pacific Ocean. (U.S. DoD video)
- A special prosecutor clears South Korean president-elect Lee Myung-bak of fraud allegations. (AP via Newsday)
- A magnitude 7.5 earthquake strikes the Indonesian province of Aceh. (Indonesia Tsunami Bulletin)
- Singapore is elected by the International Olympic Committee as the first city to host the Youth Olympic Games in 2010. (IOC)
- An earthquake of 6.3 Magnitude hits 11.1 miles east/southeast of Wells, Nevada. It is 2.2 miles deep, and is felt as far away as Twin Falls, Idaho, about 125 miles away, and Salt Lake City, Utah, about 180 miles away. (USGS)
- Gazprom, Total and StatoilHydro incorporate the Shtokman Development Company, a joint operating company to develop the giant Shtokman gas field. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?