Sunday 21 February 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Le silence de la mer, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Julie & Brandy: In Your Box Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akatsuki no Amaneka to Aoi Kyojin or ダブルスポイラー ～ 東方文花帖 Double Spoiler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 February 2010 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 February
- Six Abu Sayyaf Islamic militants, including ampquotmost wantedampquot leader Albader Parad, die after coming into contact with troops at the foot of Mount Tucay in Maimbung, Sulu on Jolo in the Philippines. (BBC)
- The venue for an AC/DC concert upsets WWF Austria environmentalists in Wels who fear it will ampquotsmashampquot endangered species. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) into China rose for the sixth consecutive month in January, up 7.79 percent year-on-year to $8.13 billion, Chinese Ministry of Commerce announced. (China Daily)
- King Mohammed of Morocco requests structural examinations of all the country's old mosques after a minaret collapse kills 41 people. (BBC)
- Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada dismisses Australia's threat to take the country to the International Court of Justice over Japan's whaling in the Antarctic. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of the Netherlands Jan Peter Balkenende says the country will begin pulling out of Afghanistan in August and be gone by the end of the year following the collapse of Balkenende-4 over the issue. (The Press Association)
- Prime Minister Gordon Brown battles a book published in ''The Observer'' which makes claims of bullying, including grabbing a secretary, stabbing with a pen and shouting expletives as members of his own staff contact the National Bullying Helpline to express their ampquotconcernsampquot. (CBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 February 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?