Sunday 21 January 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marquis of Tavistock and Jack Nicklaus in Columbus.
The Fighting 69th, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1940 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Marquis of Tavistock: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Jack Nicklaus in Columbus: Ohio, USA; golfer (Player of Year 1967, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1976).
- Jack Nicklaus: American golfer who turned professional in 1962.
- John McGinty: American captain Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2014).
- Foreign correspondents in the Netherlands under censorship
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?