Tuesday 21 January 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1941 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Richie Havens in Brooklyn: New York, USA; folk singer ("Here Comes the Sun").
- Edwin Starr: [Charles Hatcher]; US singer (War).
- Plácido Domingo: Spanish operatic tenor, international music celebrity, conductor, music director and humanitarian, awarded Mexico's highest civilian honor, the Order of the Aztec Eagle for his heroic work during the 1985 Mexico City earthquake.
- Richie Havens: American musician, singer, guitarist and songwriter, widely recognized as a premier interpreter of Bob Dylan songs due in part to his striking rendition of Dylan’s "Just Like A Woman.
- Placido Domingo: Opera Singer.
- Sattam bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian prince (d. 2013)
- Stathis Giallelis: Greek actor
- Mike Medavoy: Chinese-American film producer co-founded Orion Pictures
- Ivan Putski: Polish-born American professional wrestler
- Elaine Showalter: American author and critic
- 1st anti-Jewish measures in Bulgaria
- 1st commercial extraction of magnesium from seawater, Freeport, Texas
- Australia and Britain attack Tobruk Libya
- British communist newspaper Daily Worker banned
- First commercial extraction of magnesium from seawater, in Freeport, Texas.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?