Wednesday 21 January 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fausto Bara and Paul Allen.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1953 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Fausto Bara: Mexico -- Actor (Gaucho-Renegades).
- Paul Allen: American entrepreneur, co-founder of Microsoft.
- Glenn Kaiser: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Resurrection Band).
- John Foster Dulles appointed as US Secretary of State.
- George Humphrey takes office as Treasury Secretary.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 January 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?