Tuesday 21 January 1992
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to All 4 Love by Color Me Badd.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are The Days Of Our Lives by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Reservoir Dogs, directed by Quentin Tarantino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1992!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1992 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
Famous Birthdays:21 January
- William T "Champion Jack" Dupree: US boxer/pianist, dies at age 81.
- Faced with decreased military spending, United Technologies Corporation announces it will eliminate 13,900 jobs by 1993.
- Rebel forces occupy Zaire's national radio station in Kinshasa and broadcast a demand for the government's resignation.
- ''STS-42'': Dr. Roberta Bondar becomes the first Canadian woman in space, aboard Space Shuttle ''Discovery''.
- In El Salvador, an army colonel and a lieutenant of the Atlacatl Battalion are each sentenced to 30 years in prison for the 1989 murder of six Jesuit priests and their housekeepers.
- China and Israel establish diplomatic relations.
- Boris Yeltsin announces that Russia will stop targeting cities of the United States and her allies with Nuclear Weapons. In return George H. W. Bush announces that the United States and her allies will stop targeting Russia and the remaining communist states with Nuclear Weapons.
- In Mauritania, security forces open fire on opponents of President of Mauritania Maaouya Ould Sid'Ahmed Taya, killing at least five people.
- Macy's files for bankruptcy.
- Nagorno-Karabakh War: in the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, fighting between Armenians and Azeris leaves at least 60 people dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
- George Michael - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
- Prince - Diamonds And Pearls
- Shanice - I Love Your Smile
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- U2 - Mysterious Ways
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?