Sunday 21 January 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 January 2007 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson announces plans to run for President in 2008.
- War in Somalia: Sharif Ahmed, a leader of the defeated Islamic Court Union, surrendered himself to Kenyan police. (Reuters)
- Sudanese rebels claim that a government aircraft has bombed areas in Darfur over the weekend in contravention of the ceasefire. (BBC)
- U.S. election 2008: Bill Richardson, currently the Democratic Governor of New Mexico, announces his candidacy for president. (New York Times)
- The WWF warns that some species of tuna including bluefin tuna are at risk of commercial extinction due to illegal fishing. (Reuters)
- Dozens of containers, some containing toxic chemicals, are washed ashore at Devon, England after MSC ''Napoli'' ran aground on the coast last Thursday during Kyrill. (ABC News Australia)
- Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal meet together in Syria to try to end violence between the two factions. However, differences remain and talks will resume possibly next week. (AP via ABC News)
- Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany, holds talks with Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia over energy security issues. (BBC)
- A 7.3 Mampsubampwamp/subamp earthquake occurs off of Indonesia, centered in the Molucca Sea. Buildings shake in northeastern Indonesia, panicking residents, but there are no reports of casualties. (BBC)
- Muqtada al-Sadr's bloc lifts its boycott of the Iraqi political process and rejoins the government. (AP via Daily Comet)
- Ogün Samast, who was arrested for murdering Hrant Dink, admits that he has killed Dink. (CNN)
- Voters in Serbia participate in the first general election since it became an independent state in 2006. (BBC)
- Japanese tokusatsu television series Kamen Rider Kabuto ends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 January 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?