Monday 21 January 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maxx Hamilton .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The People Watchers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing California Games or Blitz: The League II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 January 2008 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Maxx Hamilton: American child of noted parent, his dad is Olympic skater Scott Hamilton.
- Black Monday in worldwide stock markets. FTSE 100 had its biggest ever one-day points fall, European stocks closed with their worst result since 11 September 2001, and Asian stocks drop as much as 14%.
- Stock markets around the world plunge amid growing fears of a U.S. recession, fueled by the 2007 subprime mortgage crisis.
- A Turkish court bans YouTube for the second time because of clips deemed disrespectful to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. (PhysOrg.com)
- President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez disallows the exportation of agricultural goods and promises to nationalize any farm that does. (BBC News)
- 2008 stock market downturn:
- Stock markets around the world plunge amid growing fears of a U.S. recession, fueled by the 2007 subprime mortgage financial crisis. (thisislondon.co.uk)
- North American Markets: U.S. markets are closed for Martin Luther King Day. Stock futures are down, with March contracts on the Dow Jones Industrial Average trading 482 points lower to 11,624. SP 500 futures are also down 55 points to 1,270.10 and Nasdaq 100 futures are down 72.25 points to 1,777.25. The Toronto Stock Exchange loses over 500 points during morning trading at 12,233. (CBC)
- European Markets: The French CAC 40 index closes down 6.8% at 4,744.45, the German DAX 30 index closes down 7.2% at 6,790.19, and the UK's FTSE 100 index closes down 5.5% at 5,578.20. (MarketWatch)
- Former Liberian warlord Joshua Milton Blahyi confesses that he is responsible for at least 20,000 deaths during the First Liberian Civil War. (CNN)
- The Na-Dene language of Eyak goes extinct with the death of Marie Smith Jones, its last native speaker. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?